Cancer dormitory was inaugurated at B.K.L. Walawalkar Hospital, Dervan by Dr. R. K Sinha, Chairman Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy Government of India.
The opening of this unique service would be of immense help to cancer patients requiring long term care and their relatives who would now be offered residential stay at the Cancer Dormitory during their period of treatment at Walawalkar Hospital.
This Cancer Dormitory adds other dimension to the legacy of oncology care being offered to rural needy population of Konkan region of Maharashtra. The collaboration with strategic partners like Department of Atomic Energy Government of India, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (N.P.C.I.L) , Tata Memorial Centre, B.A.R.C to name a few have helped us realize our dream of offering the full spectrum of accessible and affordable oncology care to the needy patients suffering from cancer.
Honorable dignitaries present for this occasion were –
1. Dr. R. K Sinha, Chairman Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy Government of India.
2. Shri S.A Bhardwaj Director, Technical N.P.C.I.L.
3. Shri S.K Tapkir Executive Director Rehabilitation and Resettlement.
4. Dr. R.A Badwe Director Tata Memorial Centre.
5. Dr. K.M Mohandas, Director C.C.E.
6. Dr. A.K D’Cruz Director Tata Memorial Hospital.
7. Dr. Kailash Sharma, Director Academics T.M.C
8. Shri T.Ambumani, Chief Administrative Officer, T.M.C