tax benefit : 50%
B.K.L. Walawalkar Hospital is dedicated to helping improve the health and lives of children from different parts of the country. To build long-term sufficiency in resource poor environments, doctors and local medical professionals are trained and empowered to treat their local communities. The institute provides year-round medical treatments through their charity programme.
The patients are brought for cleft lip treatment and dental treatment is a comprehensive care part of cleft lip treatment.
- Individuals with a cleft are identified via camps.
- The beneficiaries are provided the dental treatment.
- 2 â€“ Minimum number of sittings required for any dental treatment.
How it Works
- A Grant is given depending on the need of the patients. First patient is interviewed by the doctor who then refers the case to the Medical Social Worker Services.
- MSW comprises of two units namely
a) Concession and
- The Concession Unit does a background check of the parent, analyzes their socio-economic condition, accordingly prepares a report recommending fundraising which is forwarded to the BKLWH management.
- The Fundraising Unit develops the child's profile, prepares an appeal to be posted on the internet
- BKLWH ascertains eligibility of the patient with the help of documents such as ration card, letter from doctor prescribing investigation.