tax benefit : 50%
Post natal care is critical for the well-being of both the mother and child. However it is not affordable for many mothers from families that are below the poverty line. B.K.L. Walawalkar Hospital is committed to provide the necessary post-natal healthcare and nutrition support for the first 3- months, which is by far the most critical period for both mother and the new born child.
During the first 3 months after delivery it is very important to provide the mothers with a balanced diet and for them to have regular medical checkups. BKLWH helps these mothers avail these facilities through their PNC programme.
How It Works
- The financial help is given depending on the need of the patients. First patient is interviewed by the doctor who then refers the case to the Medical Social Worker Services.
- MSW comprises of two units namely
a) Concession and b)
- The Concession Unit does a background check of the parent, analyzes their socio-economic condition, accordingly prepares a report recommending fundraising which is forwarded to the BKLWH management.
- The Fundraising Unit develops the child’s profile, prepares an appeal to be posted on the internet
- BKLWH ascertains eligibility of the patient with the help of documents such as ration card, letter from doctor prescribing investigation.